A good resolution to make is to be kinder to our mental health. Here are some thoughts:
- Seek support. We are all vulnerable at times and need support, whether it be from friends, family or professionals. Don't be embarrassed about seeking support.
- Exercise, little and often, eat well and healthily.
- Seek healthy relationships.
- Take moments out from our frenetic lives - take a walk, practise yoga, do something creative.
Small changes, with the help of others, are easier to implement and sustain.
To aid our members and health professionals keep to a resolution of maintaining their continuing professional development, SCPTI has a great CPD programme this year including workshops and seminars in:
- Attachment theories - implications for practice.
- Existentialism in psychotherapy.
- Creative writing in therapeutic settings.
- Bodywork in therapy.
- Exploring aspects of the mental health working environment for those already in training.
See our full list and details for how to book on our CPD page of our website: www.scpti.co.uk